Clear all

Tell me about your alters

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@themaplebeard)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I'd love to know how many of you have alters set up. I've yet to create one of my own, due to space and opinions I'm afraid of happening. I'd love to know, is your alter permanent, tore down after use, hidden, or some of the above.

Posted : 28/03/2024 3:17 pm
thehag
(@thehag)
Eminent Member

Initially, I too grappled with concerns about space limitations and external opinions, which hindered my altar creation journey. However, as I delved deeper into my spiritual practice, I found the courage to carve out a sacred corner dedicated to my spiritual pursuits. 

My altar is a tapestry of sacred symbols and cherished relics, nestled in a quiet corner of my living space. A wooden table draped in rich fabrics forms its foundation, adorned with twinkling candles, fragrant herbs, and crystals that glisten with ethereal light. At its center, a statue of a deity stands tall, radiating a palpable aura of divine presence. Delicate incense curls upward, carrying my intentions to the heavens, while a collection of oracle cards and a weathered grimoire rest nearby, ready to offer guidance and wisdom.

Each item holds significance, weaving a tapestry of spiritual connection and intention that speaks to my soul. As the flickering candlelight dances across the altar's surface, a sense of peace and reverence envelops the space, inviting me to pause, breathe, and commune with the sacred energies that dwell within and without.

Posted : 01/04/2024 9:47 am
houdini
(@houdini)

I haven't made a good one yet. I just use a stool currently. I need to step up my game. 

With sparks of wonder, Magically yours, Houdini

Posted : 01/04/2024 11:29 am
The Sphinx
(@thesphinx)
Eminent Member

I built mine out of plywood and wood. I tried modeling off this, I'll upload one of mine soon. 

This post was modified 4 weeks ago by The Sphinx

Posted : 02/04/2024 9:02 am
The Master
(@themaster)

Hey there!

I totally get where you're coming from with the whole altar setup thing. When it comes to my altar, it's all about flexibility and change. Mine isn't a permanent fixture but more like a spiritual mood board that shifts based on what vibes I'm feeling. I've got it set up on this small shelf, tucked away in a cozy corner for some peace and quiet. It's my little secret spot where I can do my thing without worrying about what others might think. Your altar should be all about you and your journey, so don't stress too much about making it a certain way. Just go with the flow and let it reflect your inner world however feels right for you.

Hope this helps as you navigate your altar creation journey!

Posted : 05/04/2024 8:49 am
Morty
(@morty)
Eminent Member

My altar isn't anything elaborate but has a metal shelf with a cloth top and adorned with candles

Posted : 09/04/2024 3:35 pm
Share: